Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

"They're our objects of affection. That can mesmerize the soul."

This is what I was doing while I was 'studying' last night. Bourbon in hand (because my other coping mechanism is conveniently absent), I found this.


And then I could not stop laughing. Oh Jesus. So funny. Seriously doubt the Mother Mary was a helicopter mom. She was probably just…sane.

So I talked to my bench partner at school about me giving up profanity for Lent. She was sweet enough to commit to do it with me. I told her that she didn't have to because profanity in our environment is almost self-sabotage. But maybe it's a good thing for us to do it together, the whole "unevenly yoked" thing. I just bastardized that verse. Sorry God. Bri: 0. God: also 0. No one is winning.
Anyway, I have asked her to swat me whenever I swear. And to my surprise (and appreciation!) she has obliged. I've only been hit twice. She even told me that I should get an elastic for around my wrist for when she's not there for me. Love Lex. Long time. We're gonna beat this bitch situation together.

Definitely went running in sleeting rain today. Felt so good coming back from it but my hands were frozen. When your hands are constantly clenched as if you are holding an imaginary sandwich because you simply CANNOT move them. And then you get feeling back. And then you get the shakes. All of this while you're trying to turn the knobs on your bathtub on. I'm beginning to sound like a bit of a masochist, aren't I?

Fotos:
Moozh showed me this back. The coveting that commenced was INSANE.
Will Leather Goods. 
Found this picture. Jean Luc Picard is the MAN.
Amnesty International
Nature is amazing. Poland's "Crooked Forest". All bent at the trunk 90 degrees. All facing North.
Discovery Channel
My sister and I were just talking about this song. Oh my freakin' goooooosh. Mutemath is the new obsession of my heart. I would totally marry Mutemath if I weren't already married to Chai Eggnog…and Sleeping In, which are content to be sister wives.


I quoted Space Jam today. For reals. It came out of my mouth and I KNEW it was Friday.
Love somebody today.

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to think that I had a hand in your impending marriage to Mutemath. :) They are the BEST. Also, I laughed at the sermon on the mount meme ... and then felt bad. I guess the Lord can handle it.

    ReplyDelete