Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

'Why do you set aside time to remember Christ? Because we need to set aside time to remember Christ."

I feel so at home.

Matt and I were commenting, as we walked in the rain, how settled we feel already here. We went to the AWESOME church this morning that we got connected with here through our friends Scott and Jolee and as soon as I stepped in the killer doors (they have a campus right on Granville Island), I just felt so energized. God really moves my spirit through that place. There are some aspects to it that I don't maybe agree with but I really feel that this is where the Lord wants us right now. When the Lord confronts me with those issues, then I will work through what I'm going to do with how I feel about that. But talking with Scott and Jo today, they said that they don't agree with everything either. You don't enter into community with people because you agree with everything they do. You do it because you are nurtured and find peace in the Lord in that community.

But man, today was so fun! Having people to hang out with, to have a church to go to, it is so what we need. Talking to Mama D last night, she told me about the same period in the early years of their marriage where they were still in school and having friends to really root into and enjoy during that period. I agree with her, it's a totally magical thing :)

Scott will say, "Norm threw it down this morning" which is always funny to me but it's very true. They've been moving through 1st Samuel for a couple of months now. Both of the times that Matt and I went to Van to visit and Scott and Jo took us to church with them, Norm was moving through 1st Samuel. But I would definitely say he threw it down this morning. I can't even really say how but he always teaches directly from the bible and I've never experienced anyone do that. And so it always feels really rich and grounded in the Word.

He mentioned an article he found but I will have to see if I can find it. It was this guy referencing a verse in Job:
"When you say to someone, 'the Lord is capable of so many miracles,' and they said, 'Like what', would you say, 'Like rain."
He went on to simply explain all of the specific, scientific details that have to be present in order for the plains to get water. Threw it down. For sure. All of the messages you can download on their website. I download message podcasts like there's no tomorrow. Revolution Church, Mars Hill, Unedited Spirituality. We are so blessed.

1 comment: