Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Happy Monday! What are you loving today?

Yes Happy Monday :)

I've got a new job and it totally rocks. I'm not doing anything profound or decidedly ambitious. I work at a natural foods market in the produce section. And every time someone asks me how work was, I can't help but smile and say, "I really like my job."

I really like the organic, whole attitude of natural grocery stores. I worked at Community Natural Foods in Calgary for a summer and I absolutely adored it there. I was in bulk so again I was doing stuff with a lot of heavy lifting. But those kind of places just attract a very cool kind of person. They also attract a self-righteous, picky kind of person but for the most part, they are just people who want to nourish the planet while nourishing their bodies, and want to play an educated part in the whole farm to plate process. I'm learning a lot and I have this brand-new, harkening-to-a-past-positivity excitement about it. I work with great people and a lot of the customers who come in are really sweet too. And I get to eat fresh fruit ALL DAY.

So one of my favorite blogs, Bluebird Baby, does this on her blog every once in a while and I think it is so cool. She posts a whole bunch of links that caught her eye that she thinks are great.
  • I love these gloves but I think they are slightly beyond my skill set presently. I want to try them out. I tried these gloves but they didn't turn out because my hook was the wrong size :( I am an ambitious and persistent crocheter.
  • I love this belt. I love this whole shop actually.
  • And these :)
  • This is soooooo delicious. Matt and I will make a hugeness batch of quinoa so that we can have it a couple times a week. You can improvise with the toppings but the toasted nuts are a must.
  • The way she does this song is so cool. This Dutch person I work with said that they have a saying that says, "Better nicely stolen than poorly come up with." This song straight up. She has another song called, "Belly up". Such a lovely husky, delicate voice.
  • Another lovely delicate voice is Priscilla Ahn. My favorite song by her is called "Rain", but this song "Willow" is great.
  • I love this blog! I posted the "Mulligan" post earlier and he reliably comes up with such truly awesome things!
  • I want to learn how to do this!
  • Poppytalk is a cute blog too. And she also does "link-posts". But she posted these beautiful necklaces. And I happen to know that I have a very talented sister who could totally do something like this. Something like this for me!
That's the fun stuff!

Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment