Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

It's time to get crafty

I suddenly feel so multicultural.
When we were in Maui, a guy stopped me on the beach and asked me if I was from Minnesota. I said "Pretty much" and returned to my pre-bottled Mai Tai mix. Then as I was leaving for school this morning, I was stopped by a different gentleman who asked me if I was from London, England. I must have one messed up accent. I probably sound like the Swedish Chef. Which is awesome, I just wish I had known.

It remains as "gross with a chance of really disappointing" in Bankybear right now. The "Natives" continue with their persuasion. "It's been a crappy May but it'll be a beautiful June." "It's been a crappy July but I'm convinced we'll have a beautiful August." "We didn't have a summer this year. It's been raining for twelve straight months but I'm convinced that we'll still be around next year."
Although!
Although….I am willing to admit my exaggeration (which is so unlike me). It was gross this morning but it looks sunny out right now. As I'm walking into school. Really classy, Bankybear. It's still probably only 20 out. According to the Weather app, it's warming in Cowtown. Ugh.

Today I am walking into the French Revolution in my Jewish History class. Jewish History with the Guillotine! But the French Revolution does indicate a positive mark in Jewish History because they finally got to be citizens. They were recognized by a nation and were given rights that corresponded with that recognition. And the French got Napoleon who didn't have a sense of pacing himself so they brought the new right for Jews to the REST OF EUROPE.
Anyone who knows me will have observed some interesting behaviour. My facebook news feed reads: "…liked the group 'Jewish Food'", "…pinned the blog "FuckYeahJewish", "…liked the group "Matisyahu", "…liked the group 'Yarmulkes for the Resistance'." I have tunnel vision.
As of tomorrow, I am halfway through my class. Which is terrifying because I have a week and a half to write a ten page research paper I haven't started. Maybe that doesn't scare some people. But those people have never lived with me when I've procrastinated effectively. Badstuff.

The first recreational thing I plan to do when I am done school is work on my scrapbook for Lacey. We just finished our first year of our 12 Project! Serious commitments I tell ya. It's like we're friends or something. There is a separate page for each month and each month has a theme. Anybody got any slick ideas?

Happy Tuesday y'all. Here is to more regular posting.

P.S: Eat your breakfast out of a pineapple bowl. It'll make you feel like you're on vacation.
P.P.S: Eat your breakfast in your bathing suit. See above.

Linkies:
Pinterest is the bomb-diggity. For all of the people that love blogging because they get to post pictures but they maybe don't like writing so much, Pinterest is their silver bullet.
~ This shop is beauuuuuuutiful! I bought some of her earrings while we were in Maui. I have her Peacock Amber Squids. I'm saving up for maybe some "Solar Passion" ones or "Chocolate Teal". Moozh posed a good question when we were all in Maui: If you could be a collector of one thing (a luxury or special item) what would it be? Moozh's would be watches. Mine would be earrings. Wood, bone, blown glass, feathers. All of them. I want all of them.
~ I don't know if I've ever talked about Bittersweet Enmi but her artwork in amazeballs. I found her on DeviantArt, I think. I want to look like her drawings.
~ I'm listening to Moozh watch "Hell's Kitchen" in the background and there a bleep so regular it sounds like an alarm. We've also been catching his newer show, "Master Chef" which is better. We're in a food phase. And a cursing one, I guess.

1 comment: