Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

"The 'Earth' without the 'art' is just 'eh'…."

Two days ago was my second year wedding anniversary and in celebration of that, I gave my bloggy a facelift! You will notice a new "Lexicon" tab which is a glossary for all of the bizarre words I use on this blog. I will likely continue to change my blog visually in the next few weeks. Some blogs just have great designs. Like Smitten Kitchen. I think in the five years I've been reading that blog the layout, the typeface, the background, hasn't changed once. That is what is known as consistency. Which I don't think I have in any respect yet. But I have been married for two years! That's consistent.

In two years I have been Moozh's crazy, trendy bitch who buzzes the side of her head who doesn't pay her cell phone bills and and sleeps in her car (even though she had a house and a bed). I have been his hippy granola wifey who wears Prana and Chacos and washes her face in glacial rivers. I have been his Fisherman's wife who wears waffle knit and big socks and we talk in long, late hours of Shiraz and Yankee Candles about being fisher's of men.

All in two years! That's alotta changin'. Makes me feel like I've had an identity crisis. Or that I have multiple personalities, which I'm sure is not as fun as it looks on United States of Tara.

My Jew class is over tomorrow. I kind of feel like I've been dragged by the waistband of my underpants through it. My head is super full with just tons of extracirricular stuff, things that Moozh and I are trying to figure out. And so I haven't been present in this class, I just haven't. Which is too bad because I love Jewish history even though it makes me want to slit my wrists sometimes.

Good friends of ours just found out that they are having a baby girl! Mama is due in December but yesterday they found out that it is a little girlie. I called her "Devochka Rabyonuk" which means 'baby girl' in Russian. As it goes with Russian, something short and nickname-y becomes cumbersome with really harsh consonants. But it's pretty fun to say. Devochka Rabyonuk. I'm gonna make her booties. Or mocassins. O die! That's the cutest.

Pregnancy is the new skateboarding. Everyone is doing it. We have friends in Cowtown that just had their baby and other friends that are due in the fall. We have our good friends in Bankybear that are preggers. That's it. It's actually not that much. But I guess when you're always eating with them and talking about acid reflux all the time it seems like a lot. But many pregnancy is fun when you don't have to do it yet. Baby Ds are quite a ways in the future I think. Not quite ready to share Moozh yet.

Well, there isn't a cloud in the sky in Bankybear right now and you know how she can get. I have to get outside before she feels unappreciated and sulks for the rest of the day.

Happy Thursday! Tomorrow's Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment