Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Night smoke rose from the boil of the sunset…" E.Birney

Whoa. Whooooooaaa.

I basically have the best husband ever. I will love him now and until forever, if not because I truly love him and he is in general extremely loveable, for this moment alone. On Sunday, we were trying to clean my computer out. It was becoming really slow and thus we decided to transfer some stuff to the hard drive and do a system clean. The only problem was that the moments directly following that were extremely traumatic. We decided to empty the trash (don't ever empty the trash!) and then found that the folders we had tried to back up (aka all of my course work for my summer classes, some of which were due within days, and ALL of my creative writing) was gone. G-g-g-g…empty. So basically I cried. And then drank some wine. Cried some more. Kind of felt like I was going to puke. Talked myself off a ledge. Had Moozh talk me off a ledge. And then I moved to distraction tactics.
In the days following, my husband, my majestic, indefinable, incomparable Moozh, searched my laptop and our hard drive for any trace of my missing files. After a day of searching, I was ready to give up but Moozh soldiered on. (I feel like I'm writing an epic.) And then, as I was trying to write my term paper from scratch at the Yoob, Moozh calls me with a little giggle in his voice and tells me he found it. He sends me a file that is the identical to my term paper. In fact, it is my term paper! I raced home, cried a little more and then kissed him all over his face. And now I am finishing my final paper with no drama to be found. He's a gooder. And so good to me.

It's firework season in Bankybear. Last Saturday was the first entry of the fireworks competition. It was China and it was really impressive. The windows of the apartment buildings in the West End look as if their lacquered with sequins. They mega sparkle.

Apartment Therapy had this wicked post that had 20 Unforgettable American Movie Interiors. One of my favourites, It's Complicated, is on the list. Meryl Streep's kitchen, nay her WHOLE HOUSE in that film is unbelievably beautiful. Slobber. I also loved, funny enough, Meryl Streep's house in The Hours too. Totally different place but still so cool.

I have decided that I want to make pickled blueberries. And this recipe by Tigress in a Pickle seems pretty good. I love pickled peaches and blueberries have a similar glorious sweetness so why wouldn't that taste good? The recipe suggests it as a chutney on top of meat or on top of ice cream. Seems like the kind of thing that I would eat off of a spoon. Or the palm of my hand. Obsessive.

Sunday we go to Vic! Moozh and I are making a trek over to the Island for our anniversary trip. Our anniversary was actually last week but it was so hectic last week that we didn't get to truly celebrate. We haven't been back to the Island since we moved to Bankybear so this trip will be so great. We have our old haunts all picked out.

Coffee and a scone from Union Pacific
Union Pacific Coffee
Fifth Street Bar and Grill. We seriously love the people here. They took such good care of us when we were in Vic. Great people. Great food. Great atmosphere. 
Victoria Grid Project
Rebar! I will chew my food properly this time because I will be prepared for the goodness. Last time I just go too excited and had indigestion for a full 24 hours. 
Eat Drink Victoria
Irish Times! Great scotch. Great Guiness. Great Music. Moozh and I did our first vodka tasting. It was kind of impromptu (meaning it was impromptu) but they've got some great vodka available. At least it sure felt that way after six shots. 
Irish Times Pub
And Bubby's! That pie is kick ass to the core. But we will also get there in time for their Shaker Lemon Pie which is uh-maaaaazing! Make the trip, just for that.

As of noon on Saturday I am home free. Be thinking of me and be wishing profoundly analytical things regarding Canadian literature my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment