Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Turkey Day!!

It's been too long yet again. Let's post some pics up in here.

Moozh outdid himself once again and with the creative genius of our foodie friend Alan, T-Day became a thing of beauty. We will  be eating it for easily another three weeks and it will eventually feel like less of a thing of beauty but for today's purposes, we are going to look at the beauty.

Glassware is key. We used our tasting glasses from wine and beer class. 
There was a truly absurd amount of cheese in use. I thought it worth documenting. 
Our appies. Notice the cheese. 



This is my 'boule', sliced like a pumpkin, before baking. Cranberry Rosemary Artisan bread. 
And this is it after. 

Roasted Brussies. That is bacon. 

Dressing (by yours truly). Lots of dried fruit to combat the cheese. 


Beer and Pie. A winning combination. 

This is the only picture we have of the pig, which is amazing to me. It truly was impressive.

Duh boys, kickin' it in the kooknaya (kitchen). Red T-shirt was the uniform of choice.

The evening ended happily and after an excessively loud round of Cranium at 1130pm. 

It seriously was a day of so much fun and such great people. My only disappointment is that we didn't get any swinging pictures of our great guests. So much laughter and great stories. Our party was probably 50/50 Yanks to Canucks. They shared with us the Black Friday- Green Bean and Dirt Pudding American version of Thanksgiving. It made us so excited we're going to do it all again at the end of November. But then we'll let some others do the cooking too. You can't have a monopoly on good taste.

Hope you all had a beautiful and tasty Thanksgiving dinner. I realized in the midst of it all I don't really know what Canadian Thanksgiving is all about. I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with wanting to do it because the Americans do it but needing to do it a month earlier. I did hear a story somewhere that it had something to do with the King being sick and when he recovered they decided to celebrate the harvest. In Canada it's always about a monarch. Half of us don't even vote properly.
But a day where you are supposed to (even if it is only subconsciously) made to think about what you are thankful for. It made me thankful for my husband, who loves me when I suck'; who 'holds me close at night and thanks God for me'; who goofs around on Saturday and dreams about our future with me. I am thankful for my parents, who are broken and real. I am thankful for my sisters, who are the most beautiful and creative women I have ever know. I am thankful for the awesome guys who love them and hold them close and thank God for them. I'm thankful for my bestie in Cowtown who leads such a beautiful life and always inspires me. I'm thankful for all of the incredible people and friends that God introduced us to in Bankybear. I am thankful for my in-laws because they make me laugh and love me even though I am flaky. And I am thankful for those who love them. I am thankful for carbs and for jersey knit sheets. I am thankful a body that constantly impresses me and feet that run like the wind. I am thankful for the freedom of speech and the chance to have all my needs met in one day. I am thankful that I know God and that my life is His. I am thankful that he has planned for me beyond what I can hope or imagine (Eph 3:20 NIV). There are many things unmentioned here which I am thankful for as well, and so much for because they are still there even when I forget them. Like running water. And Skype.

Three cheers (and leg kicks) for chunky scarves and soup weather! In Bankybear the weather has been so Fall it had made me smile. What are you thankful for? 

1 comment: