Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vic Ink

My left shoulder feels very crinkly right now. I am two hours out of the tatt chair, having received a tattoo that has been in the works for hat feels like forever. In a fortuitous layover between home and family for Christmas, Moozh and I both got inked by my fortuitously talented aunt in Victoria. . It has gone through many manifestations over the course of three and a half years. Colors, shape, placement, etc. but there is a rather...sensitive area right around my spine and the color is only half done but it is MAJESTIC.It's an octopus that cruises along just below the crest if my shoulder. Sculpted in tones of maroon, browns and creams with a future balance of aqua and turquoise bubbles and watercolor background. Once it doesn't look like a sunburn with tentacles ( tomorrow) I will post pics. Because it is beautiful (did I say that already?). Watching The Fades, The Trip and Life is Too Short, I mellowed out and cringed through outline and color, put to SHAME by my husband the prior day who had twelve hours of line- and black work done on his Old Man and the Sea tatt. Which I will also post.At the moment I am sitting in the Victoria Airport, contemplating what I am going to get Zara to do next. It's a pure shame it has taken me this long to get inked by her. But to be honest, she's in demand. So shame it may be, it's still reality. If you're looking, check it: Fly the Cage. Vancouver island is not the far away. Also, The Fades. Watch it. SO good. Six eps and you will watch the scene of the last and cry yourself to sleep that you have to wait for season two. Or pray or season two. Be it the adrenaline or sheer vanity, I'm feeling good right now. Sure changed my tune from yesterday hey?BTW: have not had a great experience in the Vic airport having our plane come in on time. More time to blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment