Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

"Above all else, guard you heart, for from it flow the springs of life." Proverbs 4:23

A new blog!
To begin, I am immersed in the first six months of my marriage. The Lord lead me through an breathtaking and uncommon courtship and love story and in this blog I want to digress upon his plans for my life.
Secondly, I have an extremely obsessive personality. At times, it is less outrageous but one of my lasting obsessions is blogs. I have been reached by blogs and I want to share my journey for the same reason. I follow many blogs that I find inspiring and I have included them on the side :)

It smells amazing outside! We have blossoms. We have blossoms in February.
I grew up in Chinook country so blossoms don't come out until around labor day, and nice weather is a transient thing that usually involves potholes, black ice and accurate traffic information.
I am ready to claw my eyes out but it smells amazing outside.

Matt and I went on a walk today in a city where everything but Starbucks and Western Union and closed on a Sunday, and were marveling at the place we live. I love living in this city. It has the feel of many cities that can't escape their environment. It is such a part of the lifestyle and the mental landscape that there is a real honor and sustainability in the way people live. Cyclists here are a force to be reckoned with and are probably more dangerous than cars. 'Organic' here is not a trendy word, it's a passion. People run. Everywhere. They walk. They cycle. They push baby strollers. People are living IN creation, not upon it.

I am surrounded my such amazing people that I can see the Lord so clearly in.
My husband is working at a job he doesn't like so that I can go to school at one of the best schools in the country. He holds me every night and prays with me and tells me how beautiful he things I am. He puts up with my grumpy moods and cares about the confusion and ambition combusting within my heart. He loves me as Christ loves his church; selflessly and relentlessly.
My little sister just turned sixteen. I can remember the first time I heard her talk about Jesus. I can also remember the first she asked what a lesbian was at the dinner table. She's a great, great kid who is destined for huge, huge things.
My best friend works night shift at the Mustard Seed in Calgary and she is God's Love personified. They just got a huge donation to 'Arise and Build'. I get shivers every time I think about it and what a blessing it is to the guests at the Seed and the people who work there.

I am blessed. Simply.

Bri

No comments:

Post a Comment