Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook


So I heard about this Simple Woman's Daybook, which on one hand seems totally archaic and condescending, like the women of the world have hours upon hours to do nothing but think and sit around. But... in the context of the Bonhoeffer quote, I see so much of that worry and anxiety in me, worry and anxiety that crumbles to powder before God. So I'll give it a try.

For Christians, the beginning of the day should not be burdened and haunted by various kinds of concerns that they face during the day. The Lord stands above the new day, for God has made it. All restlessness, all impurity, all worry and anxiety flee before him. Therefore, in the early morning hours of the day, may our many thoughts and our many idle words be silent and may the first word and the first thought belong to the one to whom our whole life belongs "
~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Outside my window... Muggy with flannel blue skies. There was a wind storm a couple of nights ago and the beach is all over the place.

I am thinking... what the Lord has done for me, and for us, not just now but always has been so rich and dynamic.

I am thankful for... Being able to sleep next to my favorite person in the whole world.

From the learning rooms... I'm all registered for the fall now :) Soooo excited for school!

From the kitchen... eating fresh (free!) cherries on the floor of the kitchen and eyeing the dijon quinoa for din.

I am wearing... purple tee and jean cut offs and REALLY bizarre hair.

I am creating... A marriage! (I'm sensing a theme in my answers...) And baby booties (for a friend!!!). And jam. (Just jam)

I am going... to get excited about produce ;)

I am reading... Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro

I am hoping... sun for our anniversary.

I am hearing... the hum of the refrigerator and Anthem by Emancipator quietly

Around the house... Hanging my bitchin' birthday present from Arie and trying to figure out how to refinish our porcelain sink in the bathroom.

One of my favorite things... my morning run along the beach, with the mountains and the white sails and the tide rippling in.

A few plans for the rest of the week: More beach, more sun! Scott and Jo get back on Friday! And Sarah gets here on Saturday! Yes!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing

This is the forest of the Chief. It feels so wonderful to feel a bit lost in it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment