Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Nobody can showboat "Silent Night" like Mahalia Jackson

Things that make me happy about being almost done school.

- I can knit something fun for the very first time and put it on the knit blog. I kind of want to crochet Matt's christmas ornament this year. Maybe make it from some polymer clay. Last year: I wrapped a little wooden heart that said "I Love You" with yarn. This year? Oh my gosh.
- I think I will add crafting in general. I'm sewing some Christmas presents this year. I am excited because I'm pretty sure the recipients will LOVE them.
- I can open up my "Musings" file and write fun things again. This semester's creative writing marks left me feelings very low. I want to return to it with a new heart and remind myself why I love it.
- I can make myself something other than apples and peanut butter for lunch. I don't know how, in sixteen weeks of classes, I couldn't get my act together and make myself something the night before. I'm on the "stress diet" right now which means I don't eat. I am myopic to say the least and so I can literally make it eight hours, whilst fretting over SOMETHING MONUMENTAL, without giving a thought to my groaning stomach.
- Running! My feet are so sore lately, I can't figure out why. But as of tomorrow, we're back on the train.
- Hot Chocolate! If I'm running everyday I don't have to feel guilty about drinking a cup everyday right? With or without peppermint schnapps. Mmmmms.

I don't know what made me think of this but I think one of my top five favourite love songs ever is "When You Come Back Down" by Nickel Creek.
"My greatest fear will be that you will crash and burn
And I won't feel your fire." Beaut.

1 comment:

  1. several of the things on your list make me happy too... especially the Nickel Creek song! love that one! way to push through the end of the quarter!!

    ReplyDelete