Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sreydah (Wednesday)


My mom sent me this email which was was more interesting than the prompt for today. T minus two days until Ground Zero.
  1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die. Agreed.
  2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. My God, this happens in marriage all the time.
  3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger. I don't think this ever happened to me as a child.
  4. There is great need for a sarcasm font. This is for all of the people that read incorrect tone into text messages and emails. We should not enable these people.
  5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet? You don't. You ball it up and stuff it into the bottom shelf of the linen closet. At ball them up uniformly.
  6. Was learning cursive really necessary? It totally made my writing messier.
  7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood. You do, but there is a whole demographic impervious to natural selection who don't.
  8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died. Yes! But this is directly related to #1.
  9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired. Trueness.
  10. Bad decisions make good stories. And most don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.
  11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day. I know this too well. University.
  12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again. Yes. And VHS are never making a comeback.
  13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to. So true.
  14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call. We're ALL in on the joke.
  15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well. Because you can't binge on ice cream in the middle of the night without a light.
  16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
  17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option. And transit "Trip Planner!"
  18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
  19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said? Especially if they're just making small talk. Speak up!
  20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
  21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever. "Black pants, they never get dirty, the longer you wear them the stronger they get."
  22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is. I do that even with my cell phone.
  23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time! It's worse when it doesn't even wake you up.
  24. The first testicular guard, the "Cup," was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important. (Ladies.....proof that there's only enough blood in a man's system to operate one head at a time!) This is called "looking out for number one."

No comments:

Post a Comment