Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

"There's a ghost in this house. When it sings it sounds just like you…"

I met John Fluevog today.

He goes to our church. Vancouver is so funny that way. Matt saw Ryan Reynolds right after we moved here, talking on a pay phone. I saw Joshua Jackson walking on Kits Beach. After Randy Quaid went bat-crazy, we saw him and his wife staggering along outside of the Starbucks by our place.

I've been so caught up with the gorge weather here I totally missed the anniversary of Moozh and I moving to Bankybear. June one is our one year. This means we're going to have to buy a card and some nice lingerie to make it up to Bankybear. Especially because she has been so jazzed up and looking pretty for us the past few days.

It's already been a year! I was trying to think what I was doing this time last year. I know Moozh and I were both job hunting but we were also enjoying the weather and seeing the sights. Our friends were so good to us, showing us around and introducing us to the city.

What have we done in that year?
~ We've picked a church and left that same church.
~ We've church shopped (which took a while).
~ We've picked a church and stayed :) (Yay!)
~ We entered our first year as a jobless household, trusting the daily (and at times, frightening) financial pragmatics to the Lord.
~ We met Regent College. And it's blessings began.
~ We met some of our favourite people in the world for the first time.
~ We had our first Vancouver winter. (BIG sad face)
~ Moozh's sister got engaged! Wooooooooot!
~ I went to Flo-rida! Spent the first time EVAR away from Moozh. A whole week! But got some bitchin' girl time (plus we had the pool to ourselves because we're Canadian and anything over 13 degrees is considered swimsuit weather).
~ My sister got engaged!
~ Moozh got connected with the Arts program at Regent. He started writing, painting and designing again!
~ I got into the Creative Writing program!
~Moozh turned 30!
~ We survived our first Vancouver winter. (BIG happy face)

So much has happened! And here we are at the outset of year two in Bankybear.
I fly home this Saturday! This week is going to be a blur.

No comments:

Post a Comment