Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

"Sing out loud, gonna get back Honey. Sing out loud, get away with me…"

Jesus is my best friend.

Last night at small group each of us prayed for a 'simple blessing' that we wanted to ask the Lord for. Some people asked for new clothes, some people asked for a nice bottle of wine (we're mostly all students so we have really simple pleasures). Me, I asked for a sunny day. It was the simplest, most rewarding gift I could think of. And guess what? Today. Was. Awwwwweesome. I was, with all of the other wheedling Bankybear-ites who have been so deprived from Vit D, out on the beach in my bathing suit. Sunglasses, the smell of sunscreen and the glistening condensation on the side of iced drinks peppered the lawn. One of my favourite things to do is to lay back in the grass and read. The wind was just cool enough and the sky was cloudless. On my run, I was brought to near tears because I was SO happy. In so many words, I loved today. And God is good.

We have such great friends. This week Matt and I had dinner with a couple different friends of ours. They each had us over for dinner and made a point of mentioning celebration that I got into my program. So sweet! I have fallen so in love with many of the friends that the Lord has brought into Matt and I's life. So many diverse people with so many different gifts and passions and going after many different things but each of them have been such a blessing to us.

I fly out to Cowtown a week from tomorrow. Whoooa! I feel like I've been anticipating this for months and now it is nearly upon me! We're getting everything sorted out with packing and tickets. I have my outfits for the weddings. Moozh and I are figuring out our emcee magic for my sister's wedding. Lots to do but I'm so excited to head out and have time with my families. My sister in law's lingerie shower is tomorrow so I will be sending her positive vibes.

I love tats! Check this one out. So beautiful and intricate. Found it on Pinterest.

Another great song. She has such a beautiful, simple voice.
Also check out The Golden Age by The Asteroids Galaxy. It's on a Heineken commercial right now which is how I found it but she's adorable and it gets stuck in my head every time.

I found this on Pinterest too. I love the quote. It just keeps spinning in my head.
Saying Images
I hope it is sunny where you are and that you have a slurpee in your hand. If you don't have the latter, rectify that.

P.S ~ Book of the Moment: Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King.

P.P.S ~ I've decided that I'm going as Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander from Girl with the Dragon Tattoo for Halloween. Kick ass character. Bitchin' style. Rooney Mara had her lip, eyebrow, nose and nipple pierced for REAL for the role. Commitment.
W Magazine

1 comment:

  1. You are pretty hard core for your halloween character! I was thinking curious george, the man with the yellow hat, etc for us! hehe. That is what happens when you have an awesome 2 yr old. I wish that you could spend time with him- he is hilarious! miss you both!


    p.s. sunny days are my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete