Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"Lift your eyes and let me, cuz baby I'm an alien like you…"

Yo y'all!

My, my, my it's been such a long time. I finished my class on Friday and then had to whip up a presentation on Archibald Lampman in 36 hours. I have been weaning myself off of the escapism of blogs. It's for the best. It's all about school until we leave for the weddings (which for me is 11 days -wheeeeeeeee!). I make it into town to catch my sister's bridal shower, so I don't miss ALL of them. Fun gifts and even more exciting is that our sisters are marrying great men!

The lovely BJ turned me onto this wicked website called, Pinterest, which is just a new danger to me. You can pin stuff from all over the place so you get to see what other people have pinned and also pin some of your favourite stuff for other people to see. I have discovered so many new things that I will have to relegate to the back of my mind so that they don't distract me from…life. It's like StumbleUpon. Geez.

I have to make specific mention of how blessed I feel by our church. Moozh and I were getting really discouraged with the whole 'church shopping' thing. We had tried out so many churches that didn't feel right. We didn't want to be those people that look for the 'perfect' church or a church that is customized to them. That church doesn't exist. But there was something about the churches that didn't…feel right. But the minute we walked into UTown, we felt like something just clicked, or settled rather. We felt at home in a way. I think I've cried every Sunday (which is a good thing). I've spent time one on one with three gorgeous women of God from the UTown community. Prayer, community and worship have taken  on entirely new meaning, and almost a fresh light.

Fun stuff!
This chick is a UBC grad. They sell her stuff at the UBC bookstore. Check out her blog because her designs are hysterical.
vckystxx.com


New song that I think is such a great love song. The lead singer, Sebastian Pigott, has a really cool voice. Like Moozh's friend Kimmy would say, falling in love is finding someone who's sin is compatible with yours. Feeling like we are alien to everyone else, Love is the safe place where you not only feel like you can be the alien you are an be completely loved in it, but also that you've found the alien that you are meant for. You can love them for who they are. I'm blessed by my Alien everyday ;)

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment