Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

"We're running out of money, but we've still got the month of May."

Yay for May Long!  It's the holiday that feels like it comes when you desperately need it. I remember painting houses on the May Long Weekend before I got married. It was a gorgeous day and I was jamming to CBC radio while I tried to forget that I was in a bad job. Matt and I were at a wedding rehearsal for his birthday. Last year's May long we were getting ready to move from Vic.

This weekend was my beloved Moozh's thirtieth birthday. I can't believe I didn't even get on here to make a celebratory post about the fact that it was my babe's birthday! Friday was resplendent outside! It was sunny and warm. I actually got tan lines. We went out to one of our favourite sushi joint and then went for a walk along the seawall, just the two of us. I actually got tan lines! So did Moozh! And then we grabbed burgers at this wicked burger joint by our place with some great friends of ours. From there, we headed to the rooftop pub in time for the Canuck's game.

So many people came out and it was so fun. And Marcus and Meghan were their on their last day in Bankybear! At the end of the night, some of their friends (who are also from the 'Peg) were talking about the time of year their, and what Marcus and Megs can look forward to: worm season. It was hilarious some of the stories they were telling. Matt got a pack of cigarettes (a running joke) and a can of peaches among his presents. We haven't cracked the peaches open yet but apparently they were canned at the peak of season last year. Oh man, local peaches are spectacular here. I am so very excited for the summer season. And now Bankybear is taunting us with gorgeous days every now and then. At least, we're getting some.

With some of that seasonal fruit, I want to make some jam. I love Lemon Bird Jams. The flavours they combine are fascinating. I want to try and recreate their Peach and Lavender jam or Strawberry and Cinnamon. Pink Grapefruit with Basil! That sounds d-to-the-licious. I finally finished off the jugful of marmalade that I made, I think back in February. So now I'm off to the newest thing. And I have pectin that works. And beautiful local produce. And I've made enough mistakes with jam that I think I can troubleshoot and make it work.

from ohreallybecky on Flickr
I hope it is sunny where you are! My sissy in law had her bridal shower this past weekend. My sister has her lingerie shower and stagette this Saturday coming up. I finish up my class this Friday. I fly back to Calgary in less than three weeks! Woot!

1 comment: