Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"She is a stranger. You and I have history or don't you remember?"

So a download of my experiences since we last talked. I POOOOOOOPED the bed on my exam. No mark yet, thank Jesus. I won't fail. All  I need -all I  WANT- is a 50%. I felt confident walking into it too which is unsettling. Maybe I won't rely on my confidence if I want to cross the street without looking for the next little while.

Moozh and I bummed around at the mall today. No I'm not 14. We went to Lack-of-Restraint-Land aka Winners. Moozh turns into a kindergardener when he walks into a Winners. Does his little boogey dance and disappears into the racks. He gets this slightly sheepish smile on his face when I find him with a bloated cartload in the Men's department. "And then I found -and there's this. Baby! So many good deals!"
I, on the other hand, discover things that I HAVE TO HAVE even though I didn't know they existed before I graced the big white doors. Like 4L of elderflower bath salts. Do I even like elderflower? I don't know. Home decor gets me. Rah. Do I need two four-foot-tall bamboo vases that are half the size of Casa del Dempsey? All of a sudden I really do.

I have a new title. It is: Brizanne, killer of Bodums. Since we have lived in Bankybear I have broken 4 of those delightful (and $40) coffee presses. Count 'em. At least this time I had the decency to slice my finger into sushi. It's still sore and has a bizarre bump. Moozh told me I couldn't wash them anymore. To which I replied, "No, not the briar patch!"

I have also bequeathed my sister's in law, the Doyens of Party paraphernalia. The gift wrapping and invitation designs that come out of that household make me feel like my gifts might as well be wrapped in duct tape with a post-it note as a card. They are so impressive and I will stand really close to them this summer and maybe some of it will rub off on me.

I start my nutrition course on Monday. I'm excited to get started but y'all can be prayin' I get my butt in gear. I have maybe become a little comfortable in bed until past nine. My pillow and I are besties lately.

Oh yeah and Moozh and I hosted a Royal Wedding party for some friends of ours because we PVR'd that shit. They were both beautiful and looked adorable when they would get these stifled smiles of glee on their faces. I didn't flip my lid over it however, like some people in the crowd outside did. But our friends that were the actual hosts of the party made all this delicious English food to eat while we watched the wedding, and the 6 HOURS OF FOOTAGE related, like ale pies, bangers and mash, and strawberry biscuits. Soooo good. Except the spearmint peas. My dad has indoctrinated me with too much emotional baggage surrounding spearmint peas. I'm sure they're not bad, less than half of the dish was left by the end, but I couldn't make myself try it. So I had an extra piece of cake instead.

I can't get over this girl's photography.
Marita Bliss
Happy Spring! (Except if you live in Cowtown and then Happy Amorphous-in-Between-Season!)

No comments:

Post a Comment