Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

"I hoped you see my face and that you would be reminded that for me, it isn't over."

I have told myself before, sat myself down and talked sternly to myself: you need to proofread. You're not going to have any friends if you write like James Joyce in Ulysses. It's okay to understand to understand where the predicate falls in a prepositional phrase. You can still be cool and know that. I'm sure Eddie Vedder and Helen Mirren know that too. See it's okay. Just DON'T EVER let it happen again.

You have just witnessed an excerpt from a familiar conversation between me and the voices in my head.
And can I get a high five for getting Eddie Vedder and Helen Mirren in the same sentence? So here's to more intentional editing.

Adele is like my lullaby. When I was falling asleep last night, I was hearing her songs. I woke up at 3:30am this morning and she was stuck in my head. I could hear her over the music on my iPod this morning during my run. BUT IT'S NOT AN OBSESSION.

I have just divulged things that I am thinking maybe should have been kept private…

Anyways, March is looking like it's gonna be a hefty month. I spent eight hours (EIGHT HOURS!) straight staring at my computer screen writing a new piece for my portfolio. There is dedication and pure will of focus and then there is being completely oblivious to the world around you. Matt came out of the bedroom at one point and said, "I can't stay in there any longer." And the first thought I had was, "Oh yeah. You're here too." Then my second thought was, "Maybe writing is not the optimal career for you because you are braindead. Sincerely, Me."
*When Matt and I both work from home, because our apartment is the size of Harry Potter's bedroom, one of us has to stay in the bedroom and the other person gets the main room. And if our apartment is the size of Harry Potter's bedroom, our bedroom is the size of a cutlery drawer. Matt had been in there for around four hours.*
So Resolution Number One: Share.

The application deadline to the Creative Writing Department is in 27 days! Woweee. I am borderline disturbed. I pace in our kitchen sometimes (which is three steps in each direction) when I think too hard about it. We're all good though and I know that if I don't get in the Lord has something better. I'm hoping to figure that out soon because a tight chest is no fun.

Moozh and I watched How to Train Your Dragon last night. I love psychological thrillers and foreign films, you know GROWN UP movies. But I will take a well done animated movie any day. The movie made me really want a cat actually. Something about the dragon reminded me of a cat. And made me want to be a viking.

We also watched Toy Story 3 and Black Swan last weekend after I got back. Toy Story 3 - Bril-eye-ant. Black Swan - If she doesn't win the Oscar I will be aggravated. Natalie Portman is uh to the mazing in that movie. And she is an adorable baby mama during awards season so I really just want her to win because she is so damn endearing.

Linkies:
- I want to make a clock out of something. I've even seen some cases where people just mount the clock hands on the wall. I also wanted little apothecary bottles like these. Restoration Hardware has some but I just don't know whether I'm willing to refinance my home to buy them. I don't even have a house to refinance.
- Handmade rings are duh best.
- Um. Cutest picture ever. 
- How cool is this picture!!
- I want this for our wall. Also, check out PosterText. I looooove (and want) the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea print. Something about them makes me think they would be so cool in a nursery. They look light grey in the thumbnails but apparently when they ship they are a sharp black.
- I am putting this in my dreambook.

Go listen to a song that makes you dance like Carlton from the Fresh Prince. I'm going to. And it won't be Adele. Although Rolling in the Deep makes me dance in slow motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment