Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"I work in the dead of night, when the roads are quiet and no one is around…."

Whew.

I am back from the land of the free and the home of the brave. I am currently eating airplane cookies (crumbly Biscoff -soooo good) that I found in the jacket of my pocket today on the bus. I was saving them on purpose. Really.

Saturday kicked me in the ass pretty much. I got in Vancouver at ten at night which according to my research meant I had been upright and operational for 22 hours straight. For a university student, not really a big deal. For a total weenie, a big ass deal. Moozh picked me up at the airport (with a car! *sigh) and then  I proceeded to (and he can verify this) cried for two hours straight. He got me home and he had pulled out my ugly comfy pajamas instead of the sexy chilly ones and made the bed and had white wine chilling in the fridge and all of the things that convince me that he is my soul mate. I had a love letter and a bubble bath waiting for me. And I was still crying. It was a combination of missing my Moozh like mad and jet lag but it was hefty. Ladies, as you can see I am someone who understands what can happen when tears get feeling independent but when your Moozh has done all of these things and you are still crying, do your man a solid and either 1) GET YOURSELF TOGETHER! or 2) explain to him what is going on because it is coming across so NOT how you want it to. And come up with something good.

So now I am officially detoxing. We were really very responsible eaters while we were away, lots of salad with a day where I ate an entire bag of Munchie Mix and baked my skin to a crisp. But I'm pretty sure I should get a 'star contributor' pin from Heineken and Barefoot wineries. I did figure out that the key to avoiding a hangover was simply to stay drunk.

I read the tiger (much of it aloud) and that book is the BOMB. This are the main points that I gleaned from the book: tigers are scary, Russians are crazy and never go to the bathroom without your bathroom buddy. John Vaillant is a genius and I am willing him to cross my path so I can make him sign my…notebook. In case you couldn't tell, ENDORSEMENT ENDORSEMENT ENDORSEMENT. If you have 300 pages worth of free time, read that book. And buy it. It's worth it.

I did not meet Cinderella and I did not see a Manatee. In fact, according to my sister there are a lot of Russians in Florida and I didn't even see any of them!

I got to hang out with the lovely ladies of the Porcheron Love Connection and have unstructured hang out time that we haven't had in years. We got Ariesmell's wedding dress and Cami's birthday present. Before we left for Florida I got to hang out with my Dad and Re-Re and then on the trip back I got to hang out with mah Dempseys which was so fun. The Dempseys made Taco Salad for dinner which in my opinion deserved being mentioned. (And it is absolutely capitalized. It is my favourite meal -I am cheap fun I kid you not.) And I got to see Sarah's ring in person! Boom!

Being back in the scariness of school was a realization a bit too soon. Russian midterm on Friday and three group projects on the go. THREE! I should have put on my application that was something I was really not ready to do. And then at the end of March, all of four weeks away, I submit my portfolio to the Creative Writing Dept. Rah! And I am okay with that now.

Have soup for dinner tonight. Eat it on the couch with your Moozh (or Moozhka) with a grilled cheese and watch a movie. Matt and I watched Toy Story 3 on the weekend. I always cry in Pixar movies and now I think I have a permanent lump in my throat. Like a goitre.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. "We got Ariesmell's wedding dress " WHAT?????? when is this happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!! June 10th but she wants it on the d-l. I maybe shouldn't have posted it on my blog then :s

    ReplyDelete