Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"Forgive your past and simply be mine…"

Ok whoa.

Adele's new album, 21, which as been out for a while…people: flippin' magic. I'm pretty sure I've either sobbed through every song or done a triumphant "This is bril-eye-ant!" punch dance in my living room at EVERY SONG.

She simply has a way (just like Oscar Meyer) when her voice and her lyrics and her plain ballsy-ness of captivating me. Her song "Make You Feel My Love" is my song with Moozh Cimpatichni. Yes it was written by Bob Dylan but she does it SO. MUCH. BETTER. She does covers so authentically (She covered The Cure's Lovesong on this album) and yet she never gets lost in them.

On her new album, her song One and Only is breathtaking. I was innocently waiting for Moozh to finish up his night class and bawled my face off in the atrium.

"I dare you to let me be, your one and only,
Promise I'm worth it
To hold in your arms. 
So come on give me a chance
To prove I am the one who can walk that mile
until the end starts."

I really should just post the entire song because there's not a single line in it that isn't flawless and transcendent so why don't YOU go there, read the lyrics, cry, come back, we'll debrief over cookies. And Rolling in the Deep (which is on the I am Number Four trailer). And Someone Like You that is a better more profound version of "I'd Like to Buy the World a Coke". It'll make us all feel warm and fuzzy.

On another note, my procrastination has grown legs and is an autonomous being now. I have deadlines with a capital 'D' (which also stands for death) and all I want to do all day is eat kettle chips and watch The Situation Room with Wolf Blitzer (really just so I can say I did - how awesome is his name?!). I will have time for that when I'm 'with child'. People will let you do anything when you're pregs. Until then, my sense of duty and my infallible performance driven tendencies will drag me by my fingernails to April.

Listen to the song. That's all.

P.S ~ Doesn't the fact that this weighs 15 lbs make you want one?!

2 comments:

  1. Dude. That thing is fifteen pounds...and $675. WHAT. Ha ha! I love kettle chips. And crying. BFFs!

    ReplyDelete