Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

"There's something about the way you look tonight…"

My life is fun.

Today was pretty much hilarious. I celebrated Maslenitsa, which is the Russian festival to celebrate the end of winter, where they drink vodka, eat blinis with Nutella (or at least we ate them with Nutella) and light things on fire. We had to supply our own vodka, psssh. There were sparklers, and people speaking Russian with a fluency I just couldn't keep up with. But my lovely friend Jelsi was there to talk off the ledge (in English).

From there, I went to my New Media class which was, for the first time all semester, a little bit uplifting. I still haven't learned anything that is applicable in the REAL WORLD, though I have learned some things pertinent to the cutesy, pretend world of "being a writer". Anyways, an aggravating group project that I am slogging through (simply because I rail against group projects in general) went really well today. From there I had another group project and this time OUTSIDE OF CLASS TIME, and it went well too. The fact that I'm not eat a mega bag of chips without my hands or laying facedown on the hardwood is truly remarkable. *Proofread: totally makes sense. And some of my favourite lovely ladies are in that class. Gets the week off to a good start :)

Then I went to Regent (which is in my top ten of most relaxing places in Vancouver) and hung out with BJ while Moozh finished up a powerpoint for the big arts chapel tomorrow morning. With dancing! And pretty pictures! And Jesus!

And now I am at home, which Moozh clickety-clacketying on his keyboard in the background, musing on reducing residential waste and the effect of normalized masculinity on stay at home dads. I am at peace.

This week is totally fun too! Lots of birthdays, which means lots of birthday parties! And Marie-Josee Dandeneau of Winnipeg is in town on Thursday playing with Oh My Darling! Um, so exited. Check out her facebook page too. I basically have a HUGE crush on her.

Happy Monday!

P.S ~ Dr. Zhivago seems to be making the rounds on the big screens. I missed it this past weekend but I need for it to come back. Cossacks are meant to be seen on the big screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment