Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pictures from the Granny Isle!

So you know those pictures I mentioned that Moozh scheduled for my birthday weekend?

Well…

THEY'RE AWESOME.

I will include some here at a later date because I'm obsessed in a big way but to see them all and to see the rest of Marcus and Meghan's handiwork, head over to Bluebird Creative and stay there for hours. I did.

Yesterday, my lovely laptop Percy Shelley had a bit of a hissy. He was fine (FINE I tell you!) when I left for school yesterday. And then I got to class a half hour later and he had decided in that time that I had sufficiently done something to wrong him. So he wouldn't start. He would only taunt me with the startup sound and then blink his sad face in the form of a blinking question mark. Could he talk, he would have said, "I'm PMS-ing." So I took him to the Apple store and cried and batted my eyelashes and begged him to come back to life.

They thought it was my hard drive. No big right? (UMMMMMM no.) All of my work was backed up (Thanks Jesus) unlike last time my hard drive died (Yes it has happened more than once) where I lost everything. And I cried and had a crisis of faith, I moved on and here I am having a meltdown again. But it wasn't my hard drive. It was my hard drive cable which was about $150 cheaper and didn't require me to do anything unsavoury. There was a moment when they brought my computer back out to me where I said, "It's alive" and then felt compelled to explain the literary joke. That never ends well.

And thus, Percy Shelley has been restored to me in prime working condition. And I will baby him and beseech him to be nice to me. And then I will likely take advantage of him again at a future date.

I leave for Florida in two days. Two days! This time two days from now I will be IN THE AIR. I am committed to those seven days being filled with booze, laughter and nail polish. I will likely have a crisis getting to sleep when I don't have my cuddle toy named Husband. This is the first and longest time we have ever spent apart since we've been married. That is a big moment!

Go up to someone you love and tell them that they remind you of happy days. And then sing the happy days song. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment