Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

"Bonne fete a toi, bonne fete a toi…"

It's mah Burrrrrrday. Twenty two years old. Or as my mom would say, I was twenty, two years ago. 


There are couple of memorable birthday parties. 
~I remember when I had an "Under the Sea" themed birthday party. I was six (hopefully). We went swimming I think and then my mom made this awesome cake that had an octopus made out of a cupcake and twizzlers on top. She also made a treasure chest out of a twinkie and smarties. That's probably why it was memorable. I had never seen my mom buy twinkies before. 
~This time last year, Moozh and I were in Victoria and we went to Il Terazzo for dinner. They had a paid sommelier on staff (As opposed to an unpaid one.) and since I had never seen one of those in real life, we HAD to go. I wore too much makeup and a shirt that was too tight and drank way to much and had A LOT of fun on my first married birthday. 
~My nineteenth birthday I do not remember anything other than I puked ALL NIGHT. There were moments where I'm sure I was upright and dancing but most of it was tequila comeback. Pace yourself, girl. 
~Eighteen was super fun because Shuma aka Party Planner Extraordinaire planned a treasure hunt for my party. We went to a foreign movie and a Greek restaurant and weird things that I liked and everybody came. It was so nice. I was blindfolded and led across train tracks. I remember wearing an absurdly oversized jacket. And I remember taking three tries (THREE!) to break a plate and say opa! It's a constant struggle for me. 


Yesterday was my Russian teachers birthday and so today during our class, one of the other Russian teachers came in and blabbered something in Russian I so desperately wish I understood and gave her a bouquet of red roses. And then I came home and had an almost identical bouquet of red roses on my kitchen table! Except MINE had twenty-two roses in it. (Chances are my teacher's should have had more than it did). 


Today I am going to sit around in my pajamas and listen to Russian pronunciation. Tomorrow Moozh and I are going to see Blue Valentine (I am rather proud of the patience with which I've waited for this movie) and we're going to a Russian tapas bar downtown. It carries 100 different kinds of vodka. It's the good life. 


A girl in my Russian class sent me this adorable video. A crocodile singing in Russian about how he's sad his birthday only comes once a year and how he wants 500 ice cream sandwiches for his birthday. Sounds good to me. 


Happy Friday!


What's your favourite thing about birthdays?

No comments:

Post a Comment