Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

"Sit back and watch the bed burn…"

Best Birthday Bazaar! (I will really do anything for a satisfying alliteration.)

This weekend really was hysterically fun. Friday I drank hot chocolate and ate bread in my pajamas all day while I conjugated perfective genitive sentences in Russian. And then I jazzed myself up for dinner. Moozh made me this delicious dinner and I sat and ate and ate and ate in my tiny dress and then….PEOPLE SHOWED UP. Which was a hilarious and wonderful surprise but I was in a tiny dress. So I put on something more…appropriate. And then proceeded to have So. Much. Fun. This is awfully biased of me but our friends are the best in the world. They are sweet and generous and they know how to have a good time.

And then we met with our lovely friends Marcus and Meghan of Blue Bird Creative on Granville Island for pictures. Marcus and Meghan are based out of Winnipeg but are currently in Vancouver for Regent. If you are in either place or are desirous of a photographer or web designer, just go look at their site. Just go look. You will lose all restraint, I promise.

And then Saturday evening, Moozh took me to see Blue Valentine which I have been wanting to see FOREVER. It was a heavy, heavy movie but the way it was handled, it felt so authentic. One of those movies where you're sitting there next to each other thinking, "That totally happens to us." **Proviso: The relationship in the movie is not my marriage. But it feels real and it feels true.
After that we went to a tapa bar I've seen downtown called Red X Red Tapa bar. With all of the Russian insignia and imagery, I expected it to be…Russian. But I think they saw the hammer and sickle and used it as more of a jumping off point. It had three different kinds of perogies on the menu and over 100 different varieties of vodka to choose from, but beyond that there was nothing distinctly Russian about it. I was getting very excited (and somewhat anxious) about what would happen if I could speak in Russian at the restaurant. But that was not necessary. I had a very tasty dirty vodka martini and Moozh and I enjoyed sweet potato perogies and a charcuterie platter.

Finally, yesterday was the Superbowl. Sadly, the Steelers couldn't quite pull it off but it was a great game. So close, both played hard and I got to eat corn chips and guacamole ALL DAY LONG. We got to meet a whole bunch of new people and had our ol' reliables. Overall, such a great day. And I'm beginning to understand the rules a bit more so I'm not THAT GIRL: "What? What happened? Why did that man do that? Did they win -I mean score? It's a home run, babe! They got a home run!"

One more week of school until Reading Break. And four days until I fly, fly away. Five days until Cinderella, and alligators, and warm weather.

Happy Monday!

P.S ~ To all the lovely people who leave comments on my blog that I do not find until later: You. Make. Me. Smile.

P.P.S ~ I have a problem with the use of commas. I feel like I use commas when I don't have another key to press.

1 comment:

  1. YOU GOT PICTURES TAKEN FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY! I want that!
    (ps on the comment thing, when you sign in on your "dashboard" there is a thing that says comments and it will show you your most recent comments)
    loovveee you

    ReplyDelete