Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Everybody look to their left, everybody look to their right…"

Whoa. I just read my previous entry. Kind sounds like I was watching a tv show while I was writing. Which I was. Resolution #1: No creative multi-tasking. That is how you get personality disorders.

This week has gone by so fast and has really been so bizarre. Quite a bit of tension has been released but I feel a bit like I'm wandering around waiting to be the victim of slap-ass. Or the Gobble Gobble game. Have you ever played that? It's when you try to grab the skin underneath your opponents chin and you hold it until they say "Gobble gobble!" It's a bit like "Uncle" but so much better. My sister is the queen of that game. I, consequently, always lose. I've had bruises under my chin.

Next Friday will be the culmination of my year at UBC. My application to the creative writing program will be in and the Lord has it from there. Everything will be awesome, I know it. If my original plan had worked, I would be in Toronto studying fashion at Ryerson University and I would be so unhappy. Instead, I am married to my hot husband, I live in an adorable hobbit hole in a beautiful city and I'm in a program that, though at times it infuriates me, leaves me inspired and eager to slog through the frustration. The Lord has been teaching me a lot lately just about trusting him. And to not worry and fixate on the minutae of my life but find joy in all that is going on around me. My sister-in-law AND my sister are getting married this summer. The Lord is so in their relationships and in how they are moving through life. We've had a couple of friends pop out gorgeous healthy babies that will be presidents and wholesome pop stars one day. Flowers are growing! Out of the ground!

Aside from that, I have lots to keep me busy. Today was the first day that my swim was really impressive. I think it has to do something with me…eating before hand. Why has nobody told me this?! I am trying to wrap my head around personal genomics. One huge 'hella yeah' to whoever not only understands that but is majoring in it. I pretty much just nod when they ask me if I understand so that they won't keep me after class and say, "So, umm…should you be here?"

And allergies are here! Woot.

Linkies:
~ Umm I don't know about y'all (because I'm southern now) but these sound phenomenal. Like some of the comments say, I don't know if these would make it into anything but my mouth but they would be uh to the mazing.
~ My heart is warmed by how everyone is using all they have at their disposal to raise financial aid for Japan. Go onto any site and type in "Japan Earthquake Relief" and it is beautiful what you find.
~ This has been on my mind a lot lately. I don't know if it's because of anxiety over career or anxiety over pregnancy. Maybe it's because I'm writing a paper on stay at home dads. Either way, imma obsessed.

~ This is beautiful, especially as a table centrepiece.
~ Ha, I don't know why I found this so funny. It's actually really cool in it's own way. A different kind of boudoir session. Ummm safe for work?
~ I think I'm gonna make this. This seems to be the only way I can wholeheartedly take in St. Pat's this year.

Tomorrow's TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment