Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"Watched it pour as I touched your face…"

One of the most bizarre details about college life is that wherever you go, at whatever time, which whoever in attendance it will always smell like a combination of popcorn butter and pizza grease with a hint of dirty socks.

I am better. I am so much better than I actually went running in the rain this morning. I KNOW! I was not only up and running but I was in the rain at 730. And that's a.m folks. I know you're going to say, "Girl, (because you're Mary J. Blige, obviously), you just got better. Why are you running in 'I would love to get sick' weather?"But my Arc'teryx jacket, after long being ignored since I got a pretty umbrella that makes me feel like an extra from My Fair Lady, performed like only Arc'teryx can. I was the only one out and it was so calm and quiet. It was beautiful and so worth it. And on top of that, I was on time for my class. Boom.

I had a dream while I was sick that I had a beard. And I was all verklempt, in my dream, because I am usually so tidy and…maintained. And then Matt told me it was alright and I looked great. And then Beej and Megs came over and I noticed that they had beards too! So everything was fine. And then I woke up and realized that it was not fine. And that is officially Moozh's favourite story to tell about me now. That and when I yelled at him about cutlery in my sleep. Being sick is SO DANGEROUS.

Happy Ash Wednesday, btw. And Mardi Gras is also coming up. Got to celebrate! Except no.
Did you know that the ashes that are crossed on the foreheads on Ash Wednesday are from the burned palms from Palm Sunday the previous year. I did not know that. And Wikipedia could be lying to me but that would be so unlike it. **Like how I regarded 'foreheads' as if they are an independent thing. That is called personification. Or crazy talk.

So, as I mentioned, I am fasting from Alcohol with a capital "A" for Lent. Both Moozh and I. Which I will last longer than he will fer sure. The man just loves him some scotch. But I also love to drink gin and tonic by intravenous and be silly. Especially while I'm watching 30 Rock. And 30 Rock is tomorrow.

Right in time for Lent, I found this fabulous new site. (Fabulous. What a hilarious word.) I found it on Bloglovin' and The Kitchn within a day of each other too which means it's a big deal. It's called SaladPride (no rainbows, however) and it is pretty much what it says it is: Just a gallery of pretty, yummy, pretty yummy salads. I love salad (Otherwise my lifestyle choice would be a little dumb. Can't live on potato chips, at least I wouldn't advise it.) but I find it hard to come up with new salads. And if Moozh is going to eat salad, it has to blow his friggin' doors off. But this site has those kind of salads! Go there! She puts potatoes on salad. And couscous!

Happy fasting!

P.S ~ I already have a "Lent" tag in my labels from when I wrote about it last year which was probably something self righteous and silly. Fasting from negativity, psssh. Now I have REAL things to fast from :)

1 comment:

  1. oh how i love you and maybe its because i feel like i havent laughed a lot lately but this was hilarious to me....

    ReplyDelete