Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

"I wear my hair frizzy. I don't copy no style."

Oh bloggity blog. I am sorry you have taken such a back seat during this process. It is only my brain in on the verge of explosion. I promise I'll give you some tender lovin' care this weekend. Because of course, this weekend will be post-creative writing deadline and Moozh is away for the weekend. I will be consoling myself by distracting myself with bread, blogs and knitting.

I am rather conflicted about Vancouver right now. It has been distinctively ugly outside for the past month. It was nicer before Christmas. And all of the El Nina blah blah blah is leaving me cold. I always end up wearing the stupidest things on those days, usually involving silly shoes and no pants, and thus I am grumpy all day. But then yesterday, and here is my beef, it was freakin' resplendent outside! The sun was out and kickin' it. There were birds and small children playing. There was not a cloud in the sky. It was still a bit nippy, it still being March and all but there was something about the sun being out that made me feel (foolishly) hopeful. And all if the Bankybear-ites muttered 'Stupid foreigner". I am not feeling emotionally overwhelmed or morbidly depressed but I am sick of the rain. And everybody says, 'Well, duh.'

From here until when I get my creative writing portfolio away from myself and into the hands of who matters, I will be a little crazed. But once that happens, I am eager to get back to the things that do not stress me out. Summer term is going to be really great. I'm taking a class on Modern Jewish history which I'm stoked for.

Any suggestions for some great reading? I starting on the Handmaid's Tale by Atwood but I would love to have some more suggestions for some new reading to lead me into summer.

1 comment:

  1. Modern Jewish History? and Russian and all the other classes you have put together make it seem like a person could get a masters in brianne dempsey...IF i go to school are all the courses going to be so awesomely suited for me?

    ReplyDelete