Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

"A little bit of lovin' early in the mornin'. Little bit of lovin' for starting off the day."

Awww Bankybear look at you! Out with your pretty dress on today. That's so sweet you remembered today was my last day of classes. BFF for ev's.

There was not a cloud in the sky. The sun, this THING that is so bright, was out all day long. People were out in shorts (or a Juicy Couture shorty short and hoodie outfit as I saw on one girl downtown), playing bagpipes, drinking obesely sized S'bucks frappies. Summer stuff!

I find now it's all of the native Vancouverites that are the ones getting irritated with the weather. They all swear that this is unusual and it's usually nicer out by this time. As if we'd all get up and leave. HA! I haven't seen my "winter" coat since I got back from Cowtown at Christmastime. All the refugees from the rest of Canada have fallen into the winter-spring transition headspace that is characterized by sleepiness and emotional disinterest. We think back on life before and remember that by the seventh of April to be free of snow would have been a god send. We'd be packing up our Absolute Zero Survival Packs, putting the Huskies away in storage. But that was before we moved to the Holy Land of Fleecy Sweaters and Keen Messenger Bags.
I'm standing at the bus stop besmirching the effort that Bankybear put into making it a beautiful day. "What's with all the wind?! Geez, when's it gonna be spring?!"Maybe that means I'm officially a Vancouverite. That was fast.

I'm pretty sure I found a dress for the weddings this summer. All it has to do is pass the "You look like a doucheballoon" test with Moozh. He is very handy and very honest, which I appreciate. Because I have ample photographic evidence of me dressing like a douchebag. But I feel that this dress will pass the test. It is not short so that you can see where my butt disappears nor is it in the shape of a plastic bag.

I am so happy for the sun. Don't say it too loud or it will go away.
Here's to shorts!
This is what Bankybear does when it's all giddy for summer!
Pink clouds!

No comments:

Post a Comment