Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

"This is my prayer in the harvest. When favour and providence flow…"

What a beautiful Sunday! It is sunny, there are no clouds and I am wearing flip flops. Beaut. I am seven days away from what I am convinced is going to be a magical Easter Sunday.

I have officially experienced what moving should looked like. Yesterday morning moving friends of ours up two floors in their building was like a well oiled machine. We arrived, groggy and with coffee in hand, at 10 o'clock am and by quarter after one we were wandering around the place saying, "wanna open some chips?"

Then, as I mentioned, Moozh and I went to a Russian end of term dinner.

And it was awful.

The restaurant was a little overwhelmed, I'd say. Apparently their head chef was "away". So Moozh and I each ordered Borscht and it took -count it- an hour and fifteen minutes. The music was way too loud. There were some very obnoxious, and drunk, people there. Then, the transfer we had to take home never arrived and so we had to take a cab. But then we woke up this morning and it was all over. And I got 92% on my exam so this is an exercise in forgive and forget.

We checked out this beautiful church this morning that kind of has my heart. It's on the UBC campus in one of the libraries. We cleaned through the house today, the whole thing, and even though it's miniature sized, it took us eight hours. And we cleaned the weird spots, like the ledge where the cabinet door meets the rest of the cabinet and the inside of the radiator. Places no one will see. I will sleep and dream of dust. And weird rust drips.

And today was the two year anniversary of the day Moozh and I got engaged! And it's the beginning of Holy Week! And the sun was out AGAIN today! Altogether not bad.
This was us back then. Moozh lookin' smokin' and me wearing a turban. Typical.


And this is us now: 

What a goomba, hey? This was rather disjointed. But I'm icing my back and that makes typing, and…thinking, difficult. I'm also watching "The Kennedys" and Rosie Kennedy is melting my brain. 

Happy SPRING!

P.S ~ I am on a mission of discovery this week. We found a diamond in the rough for produce a couple weeks back. Gorgeous fruit and veg for less than what I would have to take out a student loan. And then I found a twin for bulk! Bankybear has been withholding from me. There is more out there to discover. Tally ho! 

No comments:

Post a Comment