Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmouse!

Casa del Dempsey has that Christmas feeling now. The garlands and boughs of holly went up last night. The first gift I ever bought Matt was a set of two HUGE Christmas baubles when I worked at Ikea. They are easily three times the size of any other decorations on our tree but our place looks so sweet now.

We finished all of our Christmas shopping this which illustrates an impressive amount of forethought on our part. It turned COLD this weekend. Dumped a huge load Friday night which made everything look magical and made every driver on the road lose their mind. That also turned out to be the day that we were helping Scott and Jo move into their new place. Fun times.


I love this commercial. I remember seeing it on when I was maybe in Junior High. Stevie Wonder and India Arie make for beautiful Christmas music. But when you watch that clip wait until the third part of the commercial. The cutest little black girl does a hilarious dance in red velvet and a white dude has his Christmas mantle timed just perfect. It is so cute you'll want to die. Love it.


One of my favourite Christmas movies is easily White Christmas. They just needed an excuse for a whole bunch of musical numbers unrelated to a plot line. They had "White Christmas" and "Count Your Blessings" kickin' around and the rest is history. Vera Ellen's legs will make you faint but my favourite scene is the one below. Reminds of my Dad when he's relaxed. The goofiness, I mean, not the cross dressing. Though he does like that too.


What's your favourite Christmas movie? Are you going to shoot your eye out? Or are you kickin' it with Oogie Boogie?


Happy Christmahannakwanzadan!

2 comments: