Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

"With it's roots firmly planted in the earth below"

Just as a preface, I think this is a really dumb question.

Would you rather be wealthy and ugly, wise and sickly, or beautiful and stupid?

I feel it is overly simplistic and moralistic. But it is a prompt and I am grateful for it.

I mean of course I would rather be beautiful and stupid. Those people get everywhere in this world. Our culture is obsessed with quantity over quality so it doesn't matter if I my breasts have nursed four children, it only matters that they are perky and ready for display. It doesn't matter if you've worked the ground to feed your family, rough skin is just unsightly.

And if you're wealthy, you're not really ugly are you? It's only a matter of cash before you can lose that Roman nose or wrinkly knees. What is meant, ugly on the inside or the outside? And not to bash rich people. It simply the correlation of the two for illustration purposes of how 'right' and 'altruistic' your heart is. Get over yourself.

As for wise, and sickly, I believe there is a profound thing that transforms you when your health, viability, and youth cannot be relied on. We will all encounter a place of sickness in our lives. Should the Lord keep you here until your old age, we will all find we don't remember as much as we used to, our joints don't stretch like they used to, we can't see, run, dance, or stay up at late as we used to. Given that time, given the transformative gift that is life, it would be a sad thing to reach the end of your life without a shred of wisdom.

On a happy note, it's totally cozy and wintery here now. No snow but those cozy later fall days that make you want to wear mittens and drink some ho-cho.

Samoy bolshoy den!

P.S ~ I won't post anything like this again. Makes me angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment