Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

When the rain starts fallin', gonna drown before we get our feet wet.

What do you like most about cold weather? What do you like the least?

Oh November...YOU'RE MAKING ME CRAZY! I only have in some cases as few as three classes left this semester. How did this happen? How...am I ever going to get everything done?

But I will, you know that? The last day of classes will come and go. I will finish my exams. Moozh and I will go to Cowtown and come home and it will be New Years. And then we do it all over again. I just don't remember getting November. Not that I have to be consciously there for that but I feel I should at least be aware.

So I suppose that is one of the things I like least about cold weather. It usually means shit gets real. I live with a Theology Grad student which puts things in perspective for me. I can whine (it is always so very temporary) about all the papers I have to write but Matt's papers are like the Magna Carta and he has to write them what seems like all the time.

But that's pretty much it! In Vancouver (and Vic) cold weather means my feet are always wet because I don't wear galoshes. I am somewhat too obsessed with silly footwear. But I wear hats. And lots of scarves. In Cowtown, cold weather you had chapped everything and couldn't go outside without resigning yourself to frostbite upon exposure. And potholes.

But cold weather means comfy socks, turning of the leaves, hot apple cider and comfort
food.

Freakin' Yum.

We were talking a couple of weeks ago about how it instantly (unfortunately) feels Christmassy when Starbucks brings out their red cups. Two days after Halloween, there they were, blazing red with mittens all over them. Out comes the eggnog and the peppermint sprinkles. I appreciate it all. Just all in good time. If I acknowledge the Christmas paraphernalia, I also have to acknowledge that I am going to be tested really soon on the things I haven't totally been paying attention to. Hmm.

Cold weather also means Christmas decorations and rice pudding and Christmas music. Plaid and no school. Watching a Christmas story and White Christmas (I'm pretty sure I can win at who can put 'Christmas' in their post the most). And for once during the year no one looks at my copious scarves and makes fun of me behind my back. All good.

Listen to this. It will make you happy. Be standing up because it's easier to dance that way.
And then listen to this. See above.


No comments:

Post a Comment