Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

"I see you face in every sunrise. The colour of the morning is inside your eyes."


What would your dream home/apartment/condo/yurt look like? Where would it be? Who'd live in it with you?

This is such a fun question! Apartment Therapy is a huge inspiration for this and I spend a little too much time there just gawking over things. "What!? Of course I want wallpaper in the print of vintage colonial maps! Of course!" I could spend hours in the paint section of home depot just slotting together paint swatches.

Matt and I want a big house when we have kids where our kids can always bring their friends over and it can be a place of community. Until then, we're content to live in quirky, character apartments with pale yellow tile and funky blinds.

Our friend in Victoria, Renata, has the coolest house ever. Her decorating style blows my mind and fills me with envy. Every time we would go over to her place, I would send Matt around to take pictures for me. My tiny phone, dropped many a time on the concrete, took fuzzy pictures go figure. From her I have taken open-face cabinets, selected Russian trinkets (like Matryoshka dolls) and mismatched Le
Crueset cookware.

Our favorite coffee shop in Victoria, Union Pacific, encapsulated a lot of how we wanted to
decorate our house. Old oak doors panelled the walls and they had a
vintage cash. Large chalkboards had their specials of the day on it and they had great worn in hardwood floors. The tables were made of heavy 2x4 with the iron rivets uncovered.

We have our great vintage furniture from Capital Iron (There's no Place like it!) that I hope we can hold on to until we move into a house.

I love the restaurants Open Sesame and Tango in Calgary. Whoever does their decorating is a genius! I want a big central pillar fireplace like in Open Sesame and a worn wood table like at Tango. Tango has a small wall that is white and studded with clear glass bottles which looks SO cool. I'm not sure how practical it is for home.

It's all dreams until we can actually find a place where we want to have our house. We visited Bowen Island over the weekend and it is a magical little island. Of course, we haven't been to Scotland yet and therefore haven't given it sufficient opportunity to steal our hearts.

P.S ~ As for the last part of that question, Matt can come. I'm favourably interested in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment