Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Take me, take me to the riot..."

My jewelry box is a shaming mess. It is a beautiful jewelry box that Matt made in 10th grade for his girlfriend at the time. She gave it back (I KNOW! I thought 'she whaaaaaaat'....) and Mattdecided it to give it to his wife one day. When he told me that story I was already thi
nking, "I want that jewelry box". And now I have it and it's a mess. I totally lose points for that.

I have a cameo from my paternal grandmother's jewelry box and a cameo my mom bought me at a vintage market when I was in high school. I have my etched mushroom pendant Arie made me when she was in high school, double-sided, brass and copper, no big. People are all over it whenever they see it. There's a large sea shell necklace Matt made me with a shell we combed off of China Beach on our first Married Valentines. There's the lava rock from our Honeymoon. It's apparently bad luck to take lava rock off the Hawaiian islands but we did...and we're still married. That one's a necklace too.
And then there's my engagement ring. Months of teasing, multiple sketches, fake outs, and finally a truly breathtaking, unique and bragging-worthy ring. Inside the band it read 'my beloved' in Hebrew and a tiny emerald (Matt's birthstone) is tucked away as well. It's me in ring form.
He took designs from Art Deco architecture and filigree off of Tsarina Alexandra of Russia's diary. It's a platinum solitaire, clean and flawless. And I absolutely still brag about it. Even though now it's totally obnoxious to everyone around me.

Dehn Adeen "NaBloPoMo": Noyabr Vtoroi

Dear Tofu curry you are super delish inside my belly. And I made you all by myself.
P.S ~ Dear Dr. Dempsey, you could totally win at Movember. Ginger Beard for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment