Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Noyabr

It is nearly time for the truly unfortunate moustaches to go away. The myriads of silly culturally addicted post-secondary students can shave off the attempt while carrying with them that they showed everyone that not even a month was enough to get past the translucent fuzz phase. What I find slightly ridiculous about Movember is that while the whole point in growing a moustache is to "raise awareness" for prostate cancer. I don't know a single guy with a moustache that is any more in the know about what causes it, how to check, statistics, anything. It's a glorified hipster exercise in doing it because something that you would have been made fun of for is now "cool".

It is COLD. It is funny how Vancouverites react to snow. We got a big dump on Friday night and Saturday shit went down. People lost their minds. In Calgary, it's been -35 with windchill. That is bonkers. Winters have been so weird. Last winter was so mild. A couple days before we went home for Christmas I was still running in shorts and waiting for the bus in a hoodie and jeans. And then this winter has been a pox on all our houses. Moozh is practically menopausal. I NEVER touch the thermostat because I enjoy excessive layering and big socks so much I would rather do that. But he wanders around in his unmentionables during the evenings, cracking open every window we have while I plug in the electric blanket. And then I heat up to ridiculous temperatures when we go to bed and sweat explosively. It's a weird life.

Can I say that I find handkerchiefs totally disgusting? If you're a dandy or it's just a pocket square or something along those lines, fine. But having a scrap of threadbare cloth in your pocket that you repeatedly blow your nose in and stuff BACK in your pocket. That is just disgusting.

Links Times!
- How cool are these?! I think I will definitely try and make myself some of these. They would be so cool in the summer.
- I've added another tattoo to the list. I want to get "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" on the inside of my arm in Russian. (сын отца и Святой дух) There is some of the coolest Cyrillic typeface out there that it would be really sweet to try and incorporate some of that. I want to make sure everything is conjugated properly so I'm not one of those douchebags with a tattoo in another language that doesn't make sense. Did you know doosh in Russian means shower?
- We are entering the season of delectable albeit heavy eating where you justify eating things you would never eat the rest of the year because our saviour was born to a teenager in a barn which is of questionable sanitation and lowly to say the least and what about hay fever?! So really it deserves some recognition and I can oblige by eating absurd amount of Stollen and feeling rum has a place in every drink I consume at any time of the day. And yet despite all this, I have the hugest craving for coleslaw. I will not attempt to explain my mind.
- I go on Flickr probably daily now. Pretty pictures make me happy. Like this one. Why doesn't my breakfast look like that? Oh yeah. Ya nykogda ne zavtrakayou (I don't eat breakfast).
- I also watch the Phillip De Franco show every day. They're only four minutes long so I feel I can justify that.

T-minus 23 days until we touch down in Cowtown. Hells yes for the rhyme. My mom asked me if she could come sleep on my couch the other day so I think that means it's pretty miserable there. But Christmas makes thing happy, makes everything better. At least rum does.

No comments:

Post a Comment