Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

"With his long johns on Pa went out creepin'..."

Whoohoo for prompts!

A lover of blogs and a true sufferer of writer's block, I LOVE websites that ask me fun questions. National Blog Posting Month is a website that provides tools for people that are looking to post more regularly (and become the next great thing). They also say they offer "moral support, inspiration, and camaraderie" for those involved in the blogging community. Gives it a formidable hue, no? I'm not going to sign up for those camaraderie things because that sounds...scary but I will willingly take their hints and tips towards better blogging.

The last prompt posted was "What childhood belonging do you still have in your possession?"

Though I desperately wish it could be my fuchsia dinosaur stuffed animal from my toddlerhood that mysteriously disappeared with nary a trace, I have only my baby blanket that my great-grandmother crocheted for me. Tucked in the Porcheron abyss of a crawl space are still things like my 'quiet book' (AS IF I needed any help with that) and my 'prayer pillow', things that will make me squeal when I have poop-sack, beanheads of my own. Mom, three points for you for being a sentimental mama. No woobie capes, but my blanket is folded and duck taped into storage with a crocheted robe from the same grandmother, one of my dad's mega soft t-shirt that he laundered to a suede finish flipping houses (that I also think my mom tried to throw away many a time) and a vintage beige clutch I filched from my mom when I was in high school and never gave back.

Seriously, what. Cutest lobster EVAR.


Hope your halloween was deliriously cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment