Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

I feel like they're speaking in a language I don't speak. And they're talking it to me.


What do you *really* wish you were doing right now, and how soon do you think you can make it happen?

I wish I was living overseas right now. My husband could be in Grad school, that would be awesome. St. Andrews
in Fife, Scotland, the third oldest University in the English speaking world (first and second being Oxford and Cambridge, respectively). I'm more articulate just talking about it so just think how brilliant I will become if I can rub shoulders with all those weird PhD students.

Scandinavia has really been on my mind lately. Norway, Sweden, Denmark. They is a different mind set there, I don't know how they
do it. The advances they make in gender relations, climate change, medicine, urban planning, geniuses all of them.

Vancouver has had a really profound effect on both Matt and I since we've been here and it's had a really profound effect on our marriage.
Victoria will
always be special to me and it still makes me smile to think of it and our time there but it was really useful for Matt and I to articulate what we needed as a couple and weren't getting in Vic. It is so obvious to me that the Lord has us here. In other words, I am very happy here but he made a fascinating, dynamic world and I want to see it.

I wish I was making my living off of my word (because that simply sounds so romantic I can't get over myself).

This semester has been really hard for me creatively because I hit a bit of writer's block. The
more I write the more I get the hang of it. I encountered a similar obstacle last year, struggling to write anything or find any momentum in the process, and then in the last cycle of WRIT 100, I hit it out of the friggin' park. At least I follow a similar pattern. If only I could speed up the stretching period a little. I know part of it this year is I'm just not inspired in this program. Last year, I was simply blown away by my professor. Not that my professors here are in any
way less so but at UVIC the professors seemed to this energy about writing which I haven't quite encountered here yet. But UBC is probably three times the size of UVIC so there are other factors at play. It blows my mind daily how many students actually go there.

This is from an Australian blog and it is genius. I should go to Australia too.

I wanted to include this because Calvin and Hobbes is always appropriate.

P.S ~ I also wish I was done school but I didn't really think I should include that. Seems a tad whiney.

No comments:

Post a Comment