Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Январь

There wasn't a single cheese ball.

Thank goodness because I mean really, I look a WHOLE lot different now. And by "whole" I mean myself, blithely contented, plus a good some. I feel frickin' awesome (I also feel freakin' bloated) and Chrimbo was uh-mazing but there was pretty much nothing that went unsampled. It was like in Friends, "Trifle, good. Peas, good. Beef, good." And then I return to my unsavory and aggressive online addiction and I realize there WASN'T A FREAKIN' CHEESE BALL. Or three. Like I said. Thank goodness.

I have our Nikon D90 manual on my lap presently, rather under Percy Shelley (my laptop), and we are going to figure out how to pimp out our communication. I'm sure (or at least I hope) there will be moments to come that contradict what I said in my last post about what my blog is not. Who knows? New moments of "I totally didn't need to see the pattern on your shirt THAT up close" and "you fog up the lens every time you hold it over a hot skillet, you donkey". It's on folks. It's on. But certainly to come are photos of Casa del Dempsey, and the beautiful city we live in, Bankybear.

My lovely sissy in law got engaged last night! Doot-doodle-loot! Moozh and I were bummed we couldn't be there to toast and proclaim joy with them but this year is the Year of Dempsey-Bauer. Matzel Tov! Pazdravlenya! Yeehaw! Having a loved one planning a wedding rather enables wedding voyeurism that afflicts many a person (myself whole heartedly included). I wasn't the type that put a whole lot of "pre-thought" into weddings, including mine, considering that my opinion on marriage was rather negative and antagonistic until I was decidedly swept off my feet by my beloved Moozh Cimpatichni. But since, ho boy, have I acquired an obsession. Can I hear an "amen" from my Shuma? (My obsessive personality is genetic. It really cannot be helped.) But weddinggawker, Offbeat Bride, and Our Labour of Love (which is probably one of my favourite photography blogs) play upon a weakness I cannot resist. Hmm.

And finally, it being January one, I am officially in creative writing game mode (in other words weenie, self-neglectful, myopic, procrastination mode). A friend of mine is on the committee for the literary journal (which is taking submissions), I have my manuscript due in March and I have narrowed down plots for my first novel down to two. Completely unrelated, I've also decided that I'm going to find a good recipe and process for homemade bagels. I hear you'll sell your first born for them.

2010 you were good to me (and us). We moved for the second time in our first year of marriage, were romanced by a city of heritage and intrinsic ecological beauty, and drew our first line in the sand as a couple. This year brought friends in and out, stoked our faith into boldness and richness, magnified our voices and widened our horizons. Spasiba Abba, for giving me my greatest gift and setting our hearts on fire.

Here's to 2011!

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! and now i have two new websites to look at ohmy lanta

    ReplyDelete