Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Don'cha put it in yer mouth..."

This is a rather jumbled post really only because I don't have anything rather interesting to say. But I miss it here.

I, for the first time, in my second-language education I learned how to say something that I actually do on a daily basis. Ya plavaiyoo v bassenyeh pyat raza v nedeloo, which means "I swim at the pool five times a week." So basically I'm fluent. I'm pretty sure that at this point if I ever died in Russia I would only be able to say Hello", ask someone what kind of music they listen to.

Tomorra is the foo'ball champyanships. I got all excited to cheer for a team that was the first to lose in the playoffs and while I'm not complaining, by virtue of my complete ignorance, I'm kind of bummed. But this means I get to cheer for the winner so I'm alright with that. I'm pulling a wife tomorrow and I'm mostly excited about the food that we'll be having. We're making chili (with a suitable vegetarian substitute) and CORN BREAD. I could eat everything from caviar to breakfast cereal on corn bread. I LOVE it. Maybe I should just embrace my inherent Mennonite-ness and make it a three meals a day thing.

Last night with some of our favorite people, we watched Max and Mary, which to all appearances looked like a super adorable claymation movie about two misfits that make friends. In truth it was (*Spoiler alert*) the story of two misfits that make friends with all of the most oppressive things in life attached. Max essentially eats himself to death and dies alone because he has Asbergers and can't handle being in contact with people. Mary is a genius with no friends that publishes her thesis on Asbergers only to be dumped by Max, the 50+ year old dude she has written to since she was in elementary school and has never met. There is a moment in the film where she downs a handful of valium with cooking sherry and then the camera pan to a transparent but rather spirited zygote wriggling in her uterus. Totally adorable and simultaneously so bizarre. At one point, Max writes to Mary and tells her about his favourite words.

My favourite words are:
1) inkpot
2) tickling
3) syllogism
4) ointment
5) Kookla (which is Russian for doll)
That is one thing that I prize poetry for is that it is so auditory, it is meant to be heard.

Dear Moozh,
Ever since you reorganized our closet, it looks so much bigger. It makes me want to stand in it.
Dear Dr. Dempsey
Thank you for getting me out of my head sometimes (like getting me to go to bed without brushing my teeth).  I love you more than food blogs and moccasins.

Wows, this trailers looks pretty. I don't know if the movie is gonna be all that great but the visuals alone will get me to see it.

I think that DeviantArt is rivalling Flickr for one of my favourite picture repository. I this this picture is magical.

There's this epic commercial on Food Network for a show called Restaurant Makeover and it has a quote in that I think is my favourite. "I come in and f***ing stomp on people!'

Here's to blog pandemonium. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment