Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Song for our Fathers

Sigh.

I was going to take pictures. I was going to go OUTSIDE.

Now, let me put a disclaimer on this. I am not a weenie. Correction: I am not a weenie when it comes to weather. Growing up in Cowtown, I bought my clothes with the proviso that I would be standing at bus stops, jumping through snow banks, peeling off layers when Chinooks hit, etc. But here...here is different. It's sleet and it's flying sideways (diagonal?). It doesn'
t matter if you have a hood. It doesn't matter if you have an umbrella. It doesn't matter if you have anything other than a balaclava and even then your mascara would still run. And then stick together and freeze like that. Oy vey.

So no pictures today. I handle the camera like a newborn and I have severe...clumsiness. A sunny day, or at the very least an overcast one, will saunter about and I will have some fun. So THERE, Bankybear! Until then, it'll be all interiors.

This is a picture from Simply Stardust, a blog I found off of Bloglovin'. (I really shouldn't do this. More blogs and more blogs. It is like memorizing trivia you will never have the opportunity to utilize. It's SO SAD. I do that also.) I think I realize that what I love so much
about food blogs are the photographs. So I don't love food blogs. I love photography blogs. Well good. Problem not solved.
I love when people capture something that is so everyday and invisible but capture it in a way that makes you want to seek those things out. It's a reminder to do that every day in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment