Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

She's touring the facility and picking up slack.

I've concocted a little project for myself. It will be stressful but at the same time, it SHOULD be tasty.


What I intend to do is cook through, alternately, the Rebar Cookbook and the Joy of Cooking. Matt bought them for me in an effort that my obsession with food blogs would bear something productive. One day I will cook from the Rebar cookbook and then the next day (or the next exercise in frustration) will a similar dish or entree from the Joy of Cooking.  There will be times of strife, ("Yeah but does it TASTE burnt?" or "I don't know what that means. I'll just improvise.") and moments where we have peanut butter toast for dinner, but I believe there will be moments of tastiness.

Rebar's whole THING is fresh ingredients and good whole foods. I've never eaten anything there that seemed really all that complicated but, as my criminal history indicates, it never in following the instructions that things go horrifically wrong. It's in the measuring ("Oh that says TEASPOON.") or the prepping ("Chiffonade? Okaaay....."), even in the clean up, like when I made jam and sliced my finger open washing the tongs. Or when I was making angel food cake FROM THE BOX and I got my fingers stuck in the beaters. Or when I was making a fritatta and I burned all the way up the inside of my arm.  Whhyyyyyy? Because that's my angle.

Happy Monday!

Things that made me happy today:
~Happythankyoumoreplease. This movie looks sweet.
~This totally is awesome. Especially when they write verb conjugation in Russian for you.
~ I never get tired of this song.
~ Mmmmm soup.
Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment