Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Idle-diddle-didle-didle-man

Resolution Number Five: Stop brushing my teeth so hard. I am on the train to gum-recession-town.

Resolution Number Four: Just because you vomit on your morning run doesn't mean it was of quality.

Resolution Number Three: If you're going to spend an exorbitant amount of time on food blogs, at least cook something! Recipe goals: Panna Cotta, Beef Bourginon (for the Mister), and BAGELS!

Resolution Number Two: Make it through the minor prophets. That is all. I love the Old Testament but I never want to read through NUMBERS.

Resolution Number One: Love my husband and do for him before I do for myself. It is a conscious thing to keep life from taking over your marriage. But it is a daily blessing.

T-minus one day until second-semester total annihilation. Scratch that (resolution six: get a handle on your exaggeration), I am actually very excited about this semester. I'm hoping my Writing for New Media class will enable me to actually make money and not sell my soul to wait tables (or become a clicky-pen tester). I've read ahead in my Russian textbook and we are going to learn how to say we we 'took a bus' and what our hobbies are. It's gonna be big. I'm going to learn how to say I test clicky pens. I have a science class which makes me want to binge eat but I'm hoping that since it's a science class targeted at arts students (namely the students that binge ate their way through Chem 30) that it will be manageable. There is a decidedly vague description on the website but it has a picture of a robot so that means it can't be all bad right? And it's one of those cute robots that looks like Eve from Wall-e and probably sorts M&M's by colour. My intro writing course is taught by the same guy who admits undergrads into the Creative Writing department so Operation Brown Noser is a go.

Links!
*I felt bad for a while that I spend so much time finding new blogs and telling people about them UNTIL there was an opening on one of my favourite sites, Apartment Therapy, for a blogger. One of the requirements was "an ever-broadening knowledge of blogs regarding food, home, and entertainment." I'm in training!

- Have you seen the new Restoration Hardware catalogue. Holy Lord.
- This will be my desk one day. I don't know how I'll get any work done but what will probably end up happening is I will hold my laptop on my lap and look up at my desk every so often and feel good about myself.
- Another place that I just can't get over is Steampunk Home. Some of it is slightly...overwrought. Not exactly a house that livable. But some of it is pure genius.
- This song is magical. It's from The Assassination of Jesse James soundtrack but it's also in the breathtaking trailer for Water for Elephants.
- I want to organize our books like this some day.
- I LOVE this song. I've had it stuck in my head since I watched it over Christmas. I love how it's a sober but graceful song that's so appropriate for a wedding. And this because, I mean really, that's skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment