Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"It's these failures and faults that hold us together..."

Okays.

So remember how I mentioned that I was a tad over my head in a science class I was taking. I finagled my way out of that one in preference of maintaining my sanity. People have called me a tad idealistic at times but the expectation that I could figure that stuff out was deluded. So, I've been harassing the prof of another science course that targeted towards doofy arts kids who need to fulfill their science requirement (namely me). It all worked out and I was all geared up tonight to go to it. I had add/drop forms and I had cancelled plans so that I could go tonight and figure this thing out. I am going to include an excerpt from my text conversation with Moozh (in the style of autocorrect fail):

Me: I feel SO stupid
Matt: Why?! Don't like this class either?
Matt: Can you drop with a 100% refund?
Me: Not that. It's Thursday not Tuesdays.

There were literally fifteen "ahaha's" in Matt's response, which after I finished slapping my forehead saying "so stupid, so stupid" helped me to laugh at myself a little. Whyyyyyyyyyy do I always do these things?! The miraculous thing is if you were to look at my academic abilities you would have a totally different expectations set. I think I pretty much butt-skip my way across the finish line. SO RIDICULOUS. In my morning pep talk, I convince myself that there are other people just like me out there. I need to find them so I 1) know I'm not crazy and 2) we can figure out a support group kind of thing. Or electroshock therapy.

By the way, I found this gorgeous song by, again, Brooke Fraser. Her newest album, Flags is uh-mazing.
                 "And better or worse
                              I am tethered to you."

And she sings with Aqualung!

1 comment:

  1. I love brooke fraser! she is one of my favs. thanks for sharing this bri xo

    ReplyDelete