Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

"I said I want to touch the earth. I want to break it in my hands."

I am mesmerized by Egypt right now. You have a nation of people that have unified and are fighting for their freedom. When you watch the footage, which CNN has going 24/7 right now, you have these breathtaking shots of what looks like millions swaying through the streets. Their chanting and carrying signs. We are seeing people fight for their freedom. Freedom. People ARE dying and being wounded but the military servicemen are forming protective squads around people as they walk through the streets. Men and women are protesting in the streets with their toddlers on their shoulders. The civilians are protesting but they're also praying in rows in the streets. When your government has removed all of your agency, what are you willing to do?


And they cut off the internet. That can happen?


And apparently a diagonal PMS streak is tearing through the US. Everything from El Paso to New York, SW to the NE, is gonna sit down after a slap fight. But guess where there is NO SNOW? I'm not even going to say it out loud. Two weeks. Two weeks.


paul+photos=moody. Flickr. 


Oh my God, what if I meet Cinderella?
Oh my GOD, what if I see a manatee?!


Happy Monday!


P.S ~ Links!
~ What a wicked necklace! You may actually have to look at the whole shop. *whispers* They have octopuses....
~ You have probably heard this song on a Chevy commercial. Real Tuesday Weld is awesome.
~ I think Helen Mirren is one of my favourite actress. She just hauls. And she's a DAME.

1 comment:

  1. hey girl! if ur interested in egypt right now, there is this female sociologist who i am absolutley in LOVE with. She is amazing,and has a story that breathes strength.
    Google her, she also have a few books i have read (hard to read) but amazing!
    Nawal El Saadawi

    ReplyDelete